Photographer Richard Jones’ Bio
I focus on people. I aim to show how they’ve been affected and effect, society, their communities and their surroundings.
Full 3-d portraiture (photogrammetry), parallax (2.5-d) “talking” portraiture, reportage, recorded voice and environmental sound are my current passions.
- “The Car, The Future, Me”, Digital Installation, July 2019 until July 2020, British Motor Museum, Warwickshire, England
- “The Coal Face”, 3-d portrait installation (Part of Diffusion 2019), 4th-April- 30th April 2019, Shift, Capitol Centre, Cardiff, Wales
- “The Coal Face”, 3-d portrait installation (Part of Diffusion 2019), 4th-April- 30th April, The Senedd (Welsh Assembly), Cardiff, Wales
- “Motor Mouths”, Digital Installation, May 2018, The British Motor Museum, Warwickshire, England
- “Remembering Elliot’s Miners”, Digital Installation, The Winding House Museum, Nov. 2017 – Nov. 2018, Wales
- “Energy+Notion”, Digital Installation, 2016 – 2017, Newbridge Memo, Blackwood Miners Institute, Pontardawe Arts Centre, Wales
- “The Soul of Money” (part of group exhibit) – DOX Centre for Contemporary Arts, Prague, 2016 (Organ Trading in the Philippines)
- “Undercover China” – 2011, Hong Kong (China retrospective)
- “Mother of the Disappeared” (single portrait), 2009, Smithsonian, New York, USA
- “The Panda Factory”, 2008, Hong Kong (Giant Panda Breeding in China)
See earlier work here
- Highly Commended, foreign reporter of the year, UK Press Awards – 2011
- Named “Media Man of the Year” by Hong Kong Foreign Correspondents Club – 2011
- Three First Prizes, Human Rights Press Awards (Asia), related to China’s One Child Policy, between 2007 – 2011
- POYi (Picture Of the Year Int.) Nomination, “World Understanding Award” for One Child Policy, China – 201
- First Prize, trafficking of women in China, NPPA (National Press Photographers Association, U.S.) – 2009 – a series environmental portraits of women trafficked in China
Including: Stern, Focus, Marian, Paris Match, Le Figaro, Le Point, L’Express, Courier Int, New York Times, L.A. Times, Boston Globe, Time, Newsweek, BusinessWeek, The Economist, The Sunday Times, The Guardian, The South China Morning Post, The Independent Magazine, Marie Claire Magazine (UK, USA, France), El mundo, Life Magazine (Observer), Weekend (Guardian)I
Corporate publications, including: Air France, Coke, Lloyd’s Register, Mobil-Exxon, Mitsui-Babcock, Chorus Steel and others.